ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO BSC NURSING AND MIDWIFERY DEGREE PROGRAMMES-2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
The information provided below applies to only undergraduate applicants. For postgraduate admissions, click here.Application forms for admission to first BSc Nursing and BSc Midwifery in the University for Development Studies (UDS) will be available online at www.uds.edu.gh from Monday, January14, 2019 for holders of the following qualifications;
- Certificates in Enrolled Nursing (Nurse Assistant Clinical) and Community Health Nursing (Nurse Assistant Preventive)
- Prospective applicant must be a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana and be in good standing. The applicant must have worked for a minimum of three years. International applicants must show evidence of registration with their home Professional Regulatory Bodies. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must also show evidence of English Language proficiency.
- The applicant must be at least 25 years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application
- Applicant will go through Eight (8) Weeks Access Programme in the following subjects:
- English Language
- Core Mathematics
- Integrated Science
- Introductory General Physics
- Introductory General Chemistry
- Introductory Biology
- Introduction to Nursing and Midwifery
Examinations will be conducted by the University after the Eight Weeks Access Programme. Applicant must obtain a minimum pass mark of 50% or better to be admitted. Successful applicants will be admitted at level 100 and 200 respectively.
Types of Students and Admission Level
|NAC//NAP into BSc Midwifery||Level 100|
|NAC into BSc Nursing||Level 200|
|NAP into BSc Nursing||Level 100|
Period of Access ProgrammeProgramme will run from May through June during 2019 for a period eight (8) weeks. Programmes will run during weekends only from Saturday to Sunday.
The programme will be ran at the following places:
- Tamale Campus
- Bolga Campus
- Wa Campus
- Royal Ann Collage of Health Sciences, Kumasi (UDS Affiliate)
Closing date for submission of application is April 30, 2019.Candidates should note that no applications will be accepted after the closing date.